Thursday, July 16, 2015

The 10 Best Travel Films of All Time


10) The Endless Summer (1966)

A cult classic amongst surfers, this film has a nostalgic feel and is an easy watch. It’s about two surfers 
that travel the world chasing summer and hope to find the perfect wave. They discover new cultures, 
all while doing what they love.

9) One Week (2008)

Joshua Jackson stars in this bittersweet odyssey as Ben, a young man who’s just received news of
his terminal illness. Leaving his perplexed fiancée, Samantha (Liane Balaban), Ben buys a 1973 
Norton motorcycle and heads for the Pacific. His journey takes him through nature, introduces him to 
interesting fellow travelers, brings him unexpected romance and begins to put his impending fate in 
perspective. It’s a fun film that makes you want to take to the road and discover your own treasures 
along the way.

8) The Art of Travel (2008)

I really enjoyed this movie because it’s a story of a guy that was cheated on and decides, screw it…i’m 
going to travel. I enjoy the mentality the main character has as he makes a spontaneous decision to 
join a group of adventurers on a very dangerous journey. That’s what it’s all about. Taking risks and
 trying something new!

7) The Beach (2000)

There is just something about this film that I love. I love that the main character played by Leonardo 
DiCaprio has a intense desire to adventure off the beaten path. I think it’s also the fact that there is an 
interesting love story that develops. I think it’s that experience that all travelers have when they find 
romance abroad. Sometimes when I travel, I feel the same way. You’re in a completely new world. 
You know no one, you’ve been no where and everything is exciting and new. I highly recommend this 
film!

6) Outsourced (2006)

This is not your typical travel movie. It’s actually a film about a guy whose job is outsourced to India. 
What happens after is truly inspiring and makes you want to discover a new culture. It’s about a 
character that finds love for a new culture and its people. It’s a film about understanding and 
appreciating. It’s a humorous film that makes you eager to go outside your comfort zone.

5) Shanghai Kiss (2007)

shanghai kiss
I love this movie for the fact that it’s outside the norm. It’s about a young man that goes to discover 
his roots. I appreciate the fact that the main character is an asian male because you don’t see that 
too often in Hollywood movies (unless he knows kungfu of course). It’s inspiring and it certainly made 
me want to get in touch with my roots and better understand a culture and my heritage that I lost long 
ago.

4) The Motorcycle Diaries (2004)

the-motorcycle-diaries
The taste of travel is on my lips. The other night I decided to watch the movie, The Motorcycle Diaries, 
a story about Che Guevara and how he decided to travel via motorcycle and discover his life calling. 
Not only did this movie make me want to learn more about Che Guevara, but it also inspired me to 
take more chances and risks when traveling. Not only does he get sick, starves, and has numerous 
accounts where he could have died..he continues with high hopes and an open mind.
Through travel, he finds that he becomes more connected to humanity than he ever was.

3) The Longway Round

Long Way Round
Keeping up with my travel bug, I decided to pick up watching a tv series called ‘Long Way Round’ 
where Ewan McGreggor and Charley Boorman decide to take a several month trip around the world 
on their motorcycles. Not only did it appeal to me because…well it’s an amazing journey, but the fact 
it was done on a motorcycle adds another bit of excitement. Immediately after watching the show, I 
found myself looking up sport touring or enduro style motorcycles. It’s also fascinating to see all the 
trouble they get into (which is expected) and all the people they meet along the way.If you love travel 
and excitement, I’d definitely recommend watching this show!

2) The Way (2010)

I enjoyed this movie because it brought back memories of my own backpacking trip. It captures the 
spirit of the nomad and how you meet people along the way and end up travelling together. You’ll
always meet different personalities and everyone has their reason or story for while they travel.
This film captured it perfectly.

1) Into the Wild (2007)

This film is hands-down one of the most inspiring TRUE stories of a man who left it all to go on a life-
changing adventure. I won’t say too much about it other then WATCH THIS FILM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Your feedback.